Having only ever dabbled in blogging over the years, I decided to do some research before posting today. For years, I’ve relied on Facebook Notes if there was something I wanted to share. I’ve had blogs only to let them dry up and disappear. This time, after checking out some other successful blogger sites, I decided that some semblance of a format was in order. Or, at the very least, an attempt at posting with regularity and avoiding the pitfalls of having it become a personal diary. That’s not to say that the whole diary thing won’t happen from time to time. Everyone carries around a soapbox just waiting for the opportunity to stand on it and blather on and on about their opinions.
The goal here is to use a daily blog as a way to maintain and expand my writing skills. Blogging is a useful tool for making yourself think outside of the box. You can increase your typing speed, improve your vocabulary and grammar, and even discover new “voices” for your words. Not only will this blog serve as an exercise that will, hopefully, assist with my other current and future writing projects, but it can be used as a vehicle for others to share what they have as well.
If you have a blog, web site, small business, or branch of entertainment (band, gallery, theatre, etc.,) and would like to add a link to our menu, feel free to contact Walker Bait and we will try to accommodate. If you have a story to share, an idea, a work that you’ve completed, and so forth, perhaps we can blog about it, share it, even “interview” you for the site. If you have an upcoming event, we’d love to add it to our calendar. The support possibilities are endless.
But enough of that for now. Let’s get back to the blogging.
Here is the format that Walker Bait will attempt to adhere to:
- Moody Mondays: An opportunity to get on the soapbox and rant/vent about anything and everything on our minds as we start the week
- Top 10 Tuesdays: A various collection of Top 10 lists shared from week to week
- Wordless Wednesdays: This theme seems popular on the web, so why not? Pictures and memes found on google that speak for themselves
- Thespian Thursdays: An opportunity to discuss and promote upcoming community theatre and/or cinema events coming that weekend
- Friday Free for All: You never know what’s going to pop up on Fridays
- Saturday Special: This is where we will highlight someone or something we deem noteworthy that you should check out
- Stalking Dead Sundays: Naturally, Sundays are all about the Walking Dead so these posts will be, as well
Which means, today is Thespian Thursday! And what better way to celebrate my favorite actors than to attend the SOLD OUT theatrical release of PaleyFest 2013!
The Paley Center for Media is celebrating its 30th anniversary this year. “The Paley Center for Media, with locations in New York and Los Angeles, leads the discussion about the cultural, creative, and social significance of television, radio, and emerging platforms for the professional community and media-interested public.” The host panels where the cast and crew of various mediums come together and chat freely. This is a fangirl’s dream! The March 1st, 2013 panel was hosted by Chris Hardwick (the Nerdist) and featured the creators and cast of AMC’s the Walking Dead. The panel was recorded and will be broadcast in select movie theatres nationwide tonight (March 7th) and I’VE GOT TICKETS!! Anyhow, pretty stoked about that. If you follow any of the cast/crew on Twitter, then you’ve surely read their funny stories and have seen the pictures they snapped during the discussion. Oh, to have been in the live audience! I will let you know how it was, I promise!